My Skin care regimen.
Hope you all had a romantic and fun Valentine's with the loved ones! I am sharing some love through this blog to you all!=). Please share with me your Valentine's day story!!
Anyway, I am sharing my skin care regimen on this post...Since i joined the Indonesian Beauty blogger group late last year, i got lot of hint of questions about my skin! I take those comments as a compliment! so, thanks so much for asking me about my skin! Even though my skin is far from perfect! ha!
Actually, i need a lot of covering during makeup..lol..in my 30's (yes, i am old..lol)..i still have acne and pimples here and there. My skin is very sensitive! Thats why i am very careful with some products. Especially those with Silicon based formula.
I tried lots of skin care products back then ( my worst break out was when i was in college) from the high-end products such as Chanel, Clinique, etc..i tried to use them for full month regimen ( you know, when you try a new product, you have to wait at least 2 or 3 weeks to see the result )..well, i thought it would work well on my skin, but in fact, they are not! so, basically, something pricey even popular doesnt mean it could do a magic on your skin..=(
So, my mom took me to the dermatologist. After a month full of painful process ( injections right on the acne/pimples, acid facials, antibiotics regimens, etc ) my skin back to normal again. So, now, i kinda depends on dermatologist Night creams. I used to do the whole regimen, from face wash, vitamin C, sun block, Night creams, etc...now, i try to slow it down using only night time regimen, so my skin not really depends on the certain products only.
Therefore, i am very careful with my makeup products now. I even skip the primer sometimes, even tho i am using non-drugstore primer. Still, they have silicon based in it. So, i dont use any primer or pore filler too often. I also avoid using heavy foundations and go for salicylic acid formula in it, such as Almay clear complexion liquid makeup or the Neutrogena Healthy skin foundation ones. I dont even use it on my whole faces skin, i only dab them lightly on the area that have a redness or acne spot..i just try to let my skin breath even i have makeup on.
So, here is my skin care regimen products. Two of them are my dermatologist prescription night creams .
1. Stridex Acne cleansing pads for sensitive skin. This is a great products for my after wash step. It works like a toner. It stings a little bit, but it wont dry out the skin. After using this pad, i put moisturizer on my face.
2. Neutrogena Blackhead eliminating Daily scrub. I use this only at night. You might want to scrub the dirt and oil at night to clean your face and open the pore to prep the facial skin to absorb the night time moisturizer. ( Scrubbing at morning will open your pores and when you apply makeup, it will clog the pores and cause you some zit or even acne ).So, much better do a scrubbing at night ( thats what my dermatologist says..).
3. Neutrogena oil-free acne wash . This is my face wash at morning. Some people might have an experience that this product will leave the skin feel so tight afterward..I did too, but after 1 month using it, it seems ok. Love the clean smell of it! After this step at morning, i apply Cerave Facial moisturizer spf 30 ( AM ).
4. Dickinson daily facial toner. This is a replacement of Stridex acne cleansing pad. If i starting to feel a little bit dry on my face because of the Stridex, i will switch it to Dickinson for a week or so. It works as a toner. Very light and all natural ingredients such a Witch hazel extract. Very good for acne prone skin!
5&6 Dermatoligist prescription Night cream ( 1 and 2 ). Got them from my dermatologist in indo and i stock them in couple of small containers for a future use. It just a yellow-ish cream and you mix them together and put on your face.
7&8 Cerave facial moisturizer AM and PM. This is pretty much the moisturizer. I use the PM ones after the night cream. I see the huge improvement on my face. The Cerave facial moisturizer helps the skin barrier to absorb more nutrient from my night cream. Wake up with more healthy dewy skin! i think this is my holy grail. For the AM, i just apply it after wash my face with Neutrogena oil-free acne wash. It has a SPF, so it is good!
9. Clearasil daily acne control vanishing cream.
brightening under the eyes and cover the dark circle with a tint of color. It works like a concealer.
Skin care additional essential :
This is what i am using once a month or every 2 weeks. Just to rotate the products so my skin wont depends or addicted to only one skin care product.
For the additional care, i also do ZINC regimen for my hair and skin!
1. Ambi Fade Cream. This one very helpful on spots or uneven skin tones, such as acne spots, scars or stretch mark.
2. Etude house BB deep cleansing foam. I love this wash a lots! The baking soda formula helps brightening my face! I use it twice a month for a deep cleansing regimen.
3. Etude House Acne Gel lotion. I use it when my skin a little bit dry because the strong acne products, love the smells and love it how it moisture my skin without clogging the pores!
4. ZINC supplement. To read how Zinc would help the skin from inside your body, read here
Lipstick : Revlon lipstick in Primrose
( if you curious to know how i do the glowing skin, i do counturing and highlighting. To see how, click here )
Remember to always wash your face before bed! how lazy you are, how tired you are, at least wipe it off using the cleansing wipe. Try Simple Cleansing Facial wipes. It works great
on waterproof makeup and wont sting the eyes area! Just love!
Water, fruits and veggie are the good combo too!!! =)